Endocrinology Expert Witness
An Endocrinology expert witness is an Endocrinologist who testifies about diagnosing and treating diabetes, thyroid disease, and other endocrine conditions. Endocrinology is the medical specialty dealing with function and disorders of the endocrine system — the hormone secreting glands of the human body. Hormones are biochemicals released to target an organ in another part of the body in order to regulate a specific physiologic function such as sleep, reproduction, metabolism, lactation, growth, or digestion. Common hormone examples include insulin, human growth hormone, thyroid hormone, and adrenaline. To specialize in Endocrinology, a physician must first complete a 3-year residency in Internal Medicine followed by a 2-year fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Some Endocrinologists specialize in specific areas including Pediatric Endocrinology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Neuroendocrinology, and Transgender Medicine. Endocrinologic diseases are complex disorders that may involve the pancreas, thyroid, adrenal glands, pituitary, hypothalamus, parathyroids, and reproductive organs. As a result, Endocrinologists treat a diverse range of disorders including diabetes, hypothyroidism, infertility, and abnormal growth.
Medical malpractice involving Endocrinologists is relatively uncommon. When it occurs, allegations may include delayed diagnosis and treatment of an endocrinologic condition, as well as complications from the treatment itself. More commonly, an Endocrinologist will be called as a causation expert to explain the natural history of an endocrinologic process and how treatment affects outcome.
Endocrinology Case Matter
Elite Medical Experts can secure an Endocrinology expert with unique experience in all areas of Endocrinology, including:
- Diabetes mellitus (Type-1 and Type-2), gestational diabetes
- Hypothalamic disorders
- Pituitary diseases (acromegaly)
- Parathyroid abnormalities (hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia, hyperparathyroidism)
- Thyroid diseases (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, goiter, Graves’ Disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis)
- Adrenal dysfunction (Addison’s Disease, adrenal insufficiency, Cushing’s Syndrome, pheochromocytoma)
- Gonadal disease (hypogonadism, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN-I and MEN-2)
- Lipid metabolism (hypertriglyceridemia, hypercholesterolemia)
- Iatrogenic effect of glucocorticoids (steroids)
Given the complexity of endocrine disease, an experienced Board-Certified Endocrinology expert witness from a top university medical center is an invaluable asset in complex issues. To secure a hand-selected Endocrinology expert witness who is ready to work with you, please contact Elite Medical Experts and speak with a physician or nurse on Elite’s experienced Case Strategy Team today.
Ready to share
a few details?
A Case Strategist will respond right away: