Gastroenterology Expert Witness
A Gastroenterology expert witness is a Gastroenterologist who testified about colon cancer, endoscopy, colonoscopy, and other GI procedures and diseases. Gastroenterology is a medical specialty focusing on the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, including the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and biliary tree. Most gastroenterologists spend at least six years in training after the completion of medical school. Gastroenterologists, previously known as “GI specialists,” treat numerous diseases of the digestive system, including ulcers, esophagitis, esophageal reflux, inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis), pancreatitis, hepatitis, polyps, and hemorrhoids. Gastroenterologists with specialized training also perform a number of procedures, including esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), colonoscopy, ERCP, endoscopic banding and injection of esophageal varices, and hemorrhoid treatment. An experienced Board-Certified Gastroenterology expert witness can be aligned to address any issue.
Negligence claims against Gastroenterologists are increasing, predominantly as a result of procedural complications. Such complications, which may not necessarily be due to negligence, include perforation, bleeding, and infection.
Gastroenterology Case Matter
From analyzing causation to shedding light upon complex allergic and immunologic conditions, Elite Medical Experts will hand select a leading Gastroenterology expert witness to consult on any aspect of Gastroenterologic litigation, including:
- Endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy, ERCP, flexible sigmoidoscopy)
- Foreign body removal
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (feeding tubes)
- Lithotripsy of biliary stones
- Ultrasound-guided liver biopsy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Hepatology (hepatitis, liver cancer, alcoholic cirrhosis, portal hypertension)
- Esophageal varices
- Biliary disease (cholecystitis, ascending cholangitis)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer (gastric, colon, rectal, neuroendocrine tumors)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Celiac disease
- Peptic ulcer disease (Helicobacter Pylori [H. pylori] infection)
- Gastrointestinal infection (Clostridium difficile [C. diff], E. Coli)
Given the complexity of issues involved in Gastroenterology, an experienced Gastroenterology expert witness from a top university medical center is an absolute requirement. To secure a hand-selected a Gastroenterology expert witness who is ready to work with you, please contact Elite Medical Experts and speak with a physician or nurse on Elite’s experienced Case Strategy Team today.
A Case Strategist will respond right away: